Thursday, January 13, 2011

Light and Dark.

"God is in light; in Him there is no darkness at all."
[1 John 1:5]

So I read this verse earlier, and I got to thinking.
Why the heck do I continue to pursue the things of this world, when instead I could pursue God and be spared the darkness this world brings?! In God, there is no darkness. none. that means:
no pain.
no sorrow.
no betrayal.
no deception.
no abandonment.
no loneliness.
no doubts.
no insecurities.
no injustice.
no sin!
i mean the list of "no's" goes on and on, but those were just the first things I could think of. When I see that list, it really makes me want to chase something other than worldliness. Why would I want my life to be consumed of that list above when instead it could be filled with the ways of God? I mean just for starters, being filled with God would include:
Love
Joy
Peace
Patience
Kindness
Goodness
Thankfulness
Self Control

That list seems so much better! And it is better!
So rather than staying comfortable with the world and all its downfalls, I want to form my life to follow Christ and all the light he can bring to my life. Christ, be my center.

No comments:

Post a Comment