Sunday, January 16, 2011

Interior Design.

So this is a little off topic with what I’ve been writing about before, but it's something on my mind so I figured I would go ahead and write. I mean I’m still going to use this blog to talk about what God is teaching me, but who says I need to limit it to that?! I feel like that just makes me sound like a bad person, or like my life is compartmentalized and God only fits in one part of it, but that just isn't true and I’m just going to talk about whatever!

Okay with that little disclaimer said and done, I'm working on an interior design project right now. Nothing hardcore and life-consuming yet, so far I'm just preparing for the project. I've got to find furniture for rooms in a hypothetical house that I'm going to design, and ah it's so much fun! Like last semester it was a little challenging to get excited over what I was doing because it was so cut and dry. Like here, redraw this floor plan, and make sure every single tiny minuscule detail on it is perfect. Not too much fun if you ask me! But now we are starting to decorate rooms and design them however we want, and I'm realizing how much I'm enjoying this. With those sorts of detail-driven projects, I couldn't help but reevaluate over break I why I had chosen interior design and why I thought I would like it. However, one day over break I went out with a friend to help her pick out things for her house that she is renovating and everything, and it really changed my perspective of my classes! Rather than dreading going back to school and enduring another semester of work, I actually started looking forward to the classes and learning more in this field. Even better, seeing the real world of interior design (like beyond just the classroom) has made me excited to have this career and do something with it! So now with this project, I’m feeling so much more excited about looking at furniture and planning out how I want to make a room look! I know all of this might sound super boring to others, but I’m just glad that I’m more excited about these classes. Like if I'm going to be doing this for another three and a half years, I should enjoy it! And so far I am. Which is great! Sorry if this seems a little random or rambling, I’m just expressing my bit of excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment