Thursday, January 13, 2011

Life with Him.

Hi! So I'm really sorry that I have been slacking on here for the past week or so, I have various reasons for this. First off the first half of that week was so very busy and emotional, filled with preparing to leave home and go back down to school and such. Then there was a full day of driving back down south, and then hanging out with some much-missed family friends over the past few days. Also, upstate South Carolina underwent what seemed to be a blizzard by southerner's standards. Six inches of snow with lots of ice, and school was cancelled for three days! I was so happy to have a few days to adjust to being back away from home before I was thrown back into the rush of schoolwork and such all over again. But even with those things filling my time, I do apologize for not writing in a while.

The thing is, I think part of the reason I haven't written on here in a few days is because my relationship with God has also been lacking. In the same way that I have kind of just stopped being responsible on here, I have kind of just ignored doing devotions and delving further into the Word. Why is it so easy to just relapse and go back to life is without God?! Things are so much easier when I am walking with God, so I don't understand why I just ignore Him.
It frustrates me.
It makes things harder.
and worst of all,
as soon as I start to stray away from Him,
I only continue down that path.
For some reason I find it easier to just continue avoiding God and not spending time with Him rather than admitting that what I did was wrong and humbly come back to Him. I don't get it. Why do I do that?! I guess I just don't want to feel like I've wronged him (which I have), so it seems easier to just avoid the whole endeavor. This is a terrible habit of mine, and it's something I need to get over. I need to set myself aside and go back to God, always. I need to live my life with him rather than just for myself. Selfish living will get me nowhere other than any number of terrible situations I would like to otherwise avoid. To try to keep myself from slipping away from God and spending time with him, I'm trying to keep myself accountable with an online Scripture reading plan. I found one online and it's only for 14 days, so I figure that I can at the very least keep up with that. Sooooo let's see how this goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment