Monday, May 9, 2011

Reflective Thoughts.

So after completing my freshman year of college, after finishing my final projects and finally moving all my stuff out of my dorm room, after the 8.5 hour drive back to Indiana, I am finally home for summer. This past year has been such a blur, I mean at the time it seemed like it was going so slowly but now that I’m home I can tell that it really flew by. Looking back, I’m trying to reflect on this past year. It seems like so much happened that it’s hard to look at it in pieces, but I know if I put time into it I’ll be happy. I have learned so much over the past eight months away from home, and it’s so crazy to think it’s already over. But I’ll write more about that later, after I’ve had some time to really think and consolidate my thoughts.

Another thing that keeps surprising me is how different everything was a year ago. Last May, I was eagerly anticipating graduation and few things seemed more important to me than getting out of high school. I was soaking up my “final moments” with all my high school friends while being scared at the thought of leaving everyone in the fall. (“Final moments” was in quotes because to be honest, none of those moments were final. They were memories, but those friendships are nowhere near over, thankfully!) I was singing in my last choir performance, and trying to map out all my open house visits. At the time it seemed like I was on top of the world, like everything was going great and that things just couldn’t get better. It’s so strange looking back now, and seeing how much things have changed.

I’m not really sure what the main point I’m trying to say with all this, I hope it appears to be more than rambling. I guess I just encourage you to truly enjoy where you are at in life. Don’t spend so much time anticipating the future or regretting the past. Those things are important, but don’t let them overpower your here-and-now position in life. Enjoy where you’re at, and thank God no matter what’s going on.

No comments:

Post a Comment