Monday, May 16, 2011

No-Stress Reminder.

Sometimes I really wish I could have a little glimpse into what God thinks. Especially when I’m going through hard times, it’d be so great to just have a little insight as to what God is thinking. Not in the sense that I am able to see the future and know how everything is going to turn out, but just so that I would be reminded of God being in control.

Okay, let me explain myself. You know those moments when you are listening to someone vent, and you can’t help but think “okay, things aren’t that bad.” Not in an insensitive or uncaring way, but simply from an outside perspective type of way. It’s like when my seven year old sister tells me about the “big drama” that took place on the playground that day, I simply can’t take it completely seriously. While I still feel badly if someone hurt her feelings or whatever the case may be, I know that what she is describing isn’t the end of the world. You know what I mean?

Now this leads me to wonder what God thinks when I’m the one fussing and complaining and basically freaking out. While He still cares and will always have open ears, I know that He knows things aren’t nearly as bad as I make them out to be. No matter how much I complain and explain to Him why things are so bad that the world just might end, He knows that things are okay and that everything will get worked out.

But the crazy thing is, we do have a glimpse into what God thinks. He has written it all down in the Bible, and all we have to do is read it and soak it up. He has told us countless times not to worry, and that He is in control of everything. Why do I continue to worry and fret when God has everything planned out? It’s not as if my freaking out is really going to change anything other than my mood and stress levels, neither of which is beneficial for myself or anyone around me. Why do I do this?! I think God is teaching me something in this area and has been trying to for a while, and I’m hoping this new perspective will help.

So next time I freak out, I’ll just think of God gently sighing and rolling His eyes in my direction, wishing that I would simply realize that He is in control. My life is in God’s hands, so why should I let my entire existence be overrun with stress?!

No comments:

Post a Comment