Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Refocus.

So I apologize for the lack of posting, I've been busy with school and projects and attempting to have a social life! But I have a few minutes here before I've got to rush off to class, so I figured I would write on here.

I'm currently in the middle of making worship-themed cds and just thinking about everything God has done for me. It always amazes me that no matter how much I screw up and abandon Him, He is always ready to take me back. Over the past week or so I've gotten pretty slack at spending time with Him and really trying to learn more about Him. So last night I got to thinking back on the reason I started this whole blog. I wanted to grow in my faith and learn to shine for Christ more. I looked back on the verse in Philippians 3 that is my motivation for all of this, and I remembered the phrase proceeding the part about shining for Christ. It says:
"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure."

I want to refocus on this, and to somehow learn to complain and argue less. For those of you that even slightly know me, I can be pretty argumentative and always seem to find something to complain about. I am trying to get it through my head that those things are worthless and will only leave me feeling pessimistic and sad, when Christ offers so much more. I truly want to be a shining example of Christ's love, and to do so I need to leave those earthly habits behind and focus on Christ.

I know I've written about this before and I hope this doesn't seem like I'm repeating myself, I just need to refocus my faith on things that really matter and let God lead my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment