Saturday, February 19, 2011

Family.

So my family came down here to South Carolina too see me Thursday night, and it's been so wonderful! My mom and sisters came on Thursday, and then last night my dad last-minute decided to come down for the weekend, so he got in late last night too! I've just gotten to be with them and hang out and spend time with them, and I'm absolutely loving it. It seems like at school I miss them oh so much, and when I'm with them it's just wonderful! Like getting to see Piper getting bigger and becoming such an active little girl is just crazy, and I'm so sad that I have to miss out on some of that while being away at school. And then missing seeing my sister Paige experience high school first hand, and little Riles enjoy first grade and just be an energetic, excited little miss. There are definitely things that I'm missing out on because of going to school far from home, and every time I see them again that seems to become really clear. And when I'm at school and feeling homesick, all I seem to focus on is everything that I'm not there for because I'm far. Like how I miss seeing them grow up and all their experiences, and how I feel so distant from them at times.

But then when I see them, all those things I'm missing out on suddenly become unimportant and I focus just on how great it is to be with them. While being away from home is hard, being away has certainly taught me how to value my family. I'm learning more and more how simply wonderful my family is, and how lucky I am to have them. I have such great relationships with everyone in my family (most of the time), and I know that I am truly blessed to be able to say that. I can't believe that I have been given such a great support system, and it's so reassuring to know that they're always there for me. They've been by my side through so much, and I'm not sure I could ever express to them how much that means to me.

While seeing them leave on Monday morning is going to be painful and sad, I know that I will see them again soon. And the thing is, regardless of distance and business, I know that they're my family and that will never change a thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment