Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Peaceful Realization.

It’s kind of ridiculous how much I think I know. I act like I know everything and that whatever I say must be true, because I just know everything. Even as I write that I realize how egotistical that is of me, but in my head it seems completely accurate.

However, I am constantly reminded that I really don’t know a thing. Fortunately, I have a God that does.

This morning I almost passed out in my Spanish class. That sounds like a minor thing, nothing to really raise much concern. But this is becoming a slight habit of mine, and I wish I knew why. (Ps: don’t worry, it really isn’t anything serious. Just something linked to some other things, but overall I’m still pretty confident that overall I’m pretty healthy. I don’t mean to scare you or anything, so please don’t worry!) Anyways, I was kind of scared/worried this morning, wondering what was going on inside of me and wishing that I knew. After a little while of wondering and worrying, a rush of complete peace came over me. I realized that since there is no way for me to immediately know what is going on, why should I spend all day worrying?! Clearly God knows what is going on with me even if I don’t, and He will take care of me. God doesn’t do thinks to us just because He wants to mess with us. He has a plan, and He can see the big picture even if I get caught up on one tiny portion of it.

This realization was such a relief to me, and it certainly brought so much peace to my previously stressed out disposition. I was once again reminded of how small I am, and how magnificently powerful God is. He knows exactly what is going on even if I don’t have a single clue. He is in control of every day of the rest of my life even if I can’t seem to handle my life in any single given moment. He knows everything, He is in control of everything, and He is the creator of this wonderful universe.

And He loves me.

Wow.



No comments:

Post a Comment