Monday, August 1, 2011

Blessings.

God has completely showered me in blessings – all different kinds of them. Some are the ordinary objects that I use every day, like my car or my house. Then there are the intangible things that I’ve been blessed with, like my education or a great relationship with a good friend. Both of these categories include objects that play a role in my everyday life, and most of the time I tend to take them for granted. I get comfortable with these blessings and begin to view them as assets and necessities rather than for what they truly are: blessings, gifts, and things that I don’t deserve. I am not entitled to them, and in true reality I have no ownership over them. God can easily take them all away if He wanted; they don’t fully belong to me.

However, I am frequently reminded that there is still one more type of blessing that God has showered upon me. These are the ones that I don’t even understand why God would give them to me; the things I couldn’t possibly have without God giving them to me. These are all the attributes of God that I am blessed to experience every single day that are completely rooted in God. They are things like His love, grace, peace, mercy, provision and so many more. When you seek Christ you will find these blessings in full abundance, and God gives them so generously. These blessings are found fully in Christ, but He Has also blessed us with the opportunity to experience them in other ways as well. Like when my parents or close friends show me love, God is showing me love through that as well.

God has given me more blessings than I could possibly imagine, and the best of them come from Him. While the phone, clothes and friends are all blessings, nothing can compare to the gifts God showers upon me purely out of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment